Monday, October 29, 2012

Home Air Conditioner Stopped Blowing


If your air conditioner stops working and has no air flow the problem may be a frozen coil. 


What should you do if you’re air conditioner freezes?
1  Turn the air conditioning off at the thermostat.
2  Check your filter. If the filter is filthy, throw it away and proceed to Step #4.
3  If not, you’ve probably got an issue that is going to require a trained AC professional. 
4  Switch the Fan to the “On” position at the thermostat (leave the air conditioner turned to “Off”).  This will help move more air across the frozen coil so it will thaw faster.
5  Now you can head to the store to get another filter. 
6  When you get back home, visually inspect the outdoor copper lines and the indoor coil for ice.  It can take a couple of hours for all that ice to thaw, so you may need to give it a little more time.
7  Put the new filter in, and turn the AC back on.
8  Keep a close eye on the system.  If ice reappears, turn the air conditioner off and call a professional.  If the system doesn’t start to cool the house down, turn the AC off and call your air conditioning repairman.

22 comments:

  1. Excellent suggestions. It's good to know how to do minor home repairs on your own in case you're ever in a situation where you have to do them. Of course, it's helpful to know where to buy air conditioner Layton units too, if it comes to that. Thanks for posting these great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your Broward air conditioning unit stops working, call A Star Air Conditioning right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a very similar issue with my HVAC system at home. Can you suggest an air conditioning service in Seymour that might be able to help me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your help here. I have no idea what I would do without my air conditioning. My home heats up like an oven without it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent question. I honestly wish I had an answer to this question. Thanks for sharing about air conditioner repair though. In Denver, this really is a big problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!!! Having my air conditioning go out would be the worst thing in the world because I live in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like quite the project!! I have been looking into air conditioning ottawa and how it can help me with my home! Can you tell me where I can find more information like this? Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this blog is really great.It share really very nice information.
    Air Conditioning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks For sharing this article.. this article in informative and helpful..

    AC repair Florida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good advice for homeowners with an air conditioning system that have frozen up. There really is only so far a homeowner, with limited technical training, can go troubleshooting their HVAC system. Other than inspecting and replacing air conditioning filters homeowners should probably not attempt an air conditioning repair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very hard situation but thanks for the advice. Very important to know it first and be aware for this cause.

    Hvac savannah ga

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing. I think its always a good idea to check with an air conditioning professional in Ottawa. Better save than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Idea!!!! Thanks for sharing. I will follow these step.


    AC system maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you happy and wish you good luck!
    ......................

    Heating and Cooling Toronto Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Air conditioner being a complex machine has various parts that need to be checked for proper functioning of the machine. The tips mentioned in the post are very useful and must be followed to have an air conditioned environment in any place.

    Air Conditioning Repairs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort. You can visit my website.
    air conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your blog with us.

    To read about our services click here:

    Home Air Conditioning Sydney | Sydney Air Conditioning Installation

    ReplyDelete