Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Air Conditioning Condensation - Can It Damage Your Home?

Clogged condensate lines are one of the most serious issues air conditioning repairmen deal with. They don't just stop your AC system from working they can actually cause damage to your home.


Any Los Angeles air conditioning contractor will tell you that our air is brimming with water; 65% average humidity. All that water is processed by your air conditioner and becomes condensation.


You know how a cold drink on a hot day creates condensation on the outside of the glass? The same thing happens when warm air from your home comes in contact with your evaporator coil. Condensation is created. A properly installed heating and cooling system is designed to deal with all the excess water produced, and there is a LOT of water at times! Proper systems are equipped with a drain pan and pipe running either to the ground outside your house or maybe into a rain gutter on the roof.  If this drain line is clogged, you can be facing some potentially serious issues.


When my company installs an AC system we take an extra step to give my customers a warning if their condensate drain is clogged. We place the secondary drain outlet over a window or in a similarly noticeable place. When the homeowner sees water dripping they call for service. This way the problem can be remedied BEFORE it causes damage to your home.

11 comments:

  1. The other day I was dusting off my window air conditioner and I noticed that the area by my filter had frozen. It has been acting weird and the air hasn't been very cool. What can I do to fix it?
    Mia | http://airconperthwa.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. A secondary drain is a great idea. I think the company I hired did that. How can I make sure if I don't remember. http://www.adtecheco.com.au/air-conditioning-newcastle.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how there is a secondary drain outlet. In my opinion you can never be too safe. I would like to do this to my new AC system. Our previous AC system broke and I would like to apply this secondary drain outlet to my new one! Great way to help people like me who are unversed in air conditioning know when we need to call for help.

    http://www.wightmanmechanical.com/services.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post , this artivle is uniques and given greatful information ,Thanks for share this post . We are given Fort Myers, FL Expertly trained techs for Residential or Commercial Air Conditioning Repair, HVAC, & Commercial Refrigeration service Call Torocco Cooling and Heating. Please know more click Here http://www.toroccoscoolingandheating.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to have my air conditioner replaced. I've noticed a type of brown and yellow ooze coming out of my walls. It seems like my air conditioning has been causing air condensation damage in my home.
    http://kohlesandbach.com/service/air-conditioning-replacement-installation-des-moines/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you usually don't think about the condensation of your air conditioning ruining your home. This is a phenomenal article and angle at why so many homes are seeing damages. What can you do if your air conditioner is making condensation that is damaging your home? Having that drain looks like it would work like a charm!
    http://plumbingandair.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog. I am regular visitor of your blog. I enjoyed reading. You always shared something unique. Keep sharing.
    Air Conditioning London

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Post.
    I read your Article. Your information are very in usefull.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    air conditioning repair fort myers fl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great information
    You share such a valueable post.
    Lots of thanx for sharing this post with us.
    air conditioning contractors fort myers fl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to find amazing information from the blog. Thanks for sharing the information. for more useful Information visit:
    best super general portable air conditioner price 2019

    ReplyDelete